Sunday, February 20, 2011

Fishing Report 1/15/11 - Sheepshead

.
Jan. 15, 11 - Port Orange, Fl., mid-day

M.F.= 1:15 pm +/-
Temp.: 37-63 deg. (mid 50 while fishing)
wind: N @ 5  to 14mph, gust to  - mph 
pressure: 30.22
hunidity: avg-74%    (48-100%)
rain: 0
sunny
This trip did not actually include my kayak as its a little to cold for that so my dad and I took his rig out Saturday to a spot where he has been catching a limit of sheepshead off some docks at ponce Inlet.

After we caught some bait we headed for Dad's hot spot at the Inlet. The water was really clear and you could see the bottom in 5ft of water.  With my polarized glasses I could see a few sheepshead feeding on the piles. I actually sight fished one nice fish off an inner pile with a small, med.wt. jig rod  & 30 wt. spinning reel tipped with




 

No comments:

Post a Comment