Monday, May 9, 2011

Fishing Report, Flounder, 5/7/11

.
May 7, 11 – New Smyrna Beach, Fl.,


M.F.= 2:15 pm (major feed)
Temp.: 57-82 deg. (upper 60's while fishing) fished 9:00pm to1:30am
wind: E @ 5  to 10mph, gust to  - mph  (dropped to less than 5mph after 9:00)
pressure: 30.01
humidity: avg 58%    (28-87%)
rain: 0
(No clouds, quarter moon low to the west)

This trip did not actually include my kayak but I could have easily been used to island hop, beach the yak and wade from there. As it were, I poled dad's flat bottom and he waded with a lantern to cover more ground and keep me in deeper water to keep me from scrapping up the bottom of his new boat.

This was a gig trip and not a hook and line adventure.
We fished about 5 small to medium islands and bars. The flounder were in tight to the bank in shallow water and most were found around small oyster bars usually around a point with some flowing water washing bait to him.

The water is not real clear right now but visibility was decent.

We both ended up with a limit of 10 although we had a few little one that we probably should have let go.
I'm headed to the lagoon this afternoon and I'll post what kind of action I get into from that.

Here's a few pictures.



Larry

No comments:

Post a Comment