Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Fishing Report 5/31/11 - Lake Disston

.
Lake Disston Fishing Report
Tues.  May 31, 2011
Moon - 1 day to new moon
M.F.=  9:45 pm
Temp.:  Low 80's
wind: E @ 6mph
pressure: 30.14
Humidity: 87%  
Rain: 0
Sunny

I decided to run out to Lake Disston and throw the yak in for a little afternoon top water action. I probably got to fish an hour and a half but you can not cover much ground with these little plugs, particularly the Rebel plug.

I fished a Rapala f5 floating minnow (original) and  a Rebel miniature minnow that's about 1.5"l.
The Rapala seemed to out fish the Rebel as all but the first fish was caught on the Rapala. The Rebel is less of a surface plug as it dives easily and is less visible. The Rapala will cast considerably farther also.

I only put (5) fish in the boat. (3) small bass, (1) bluegill and (1) shell cracker. I had maybe another 1/2 dozen strikes that missed the plug. it was pretty fun but it takes a little getting used to fishing with such a light spinning real and bait.

Most of the strikes as soon as the bait touched the water. Next time I will bring mu fly rod as well.

I don't know what effect being so close to the new moon might have had on the bite but the major feed was not until 10:45pm so I was early from that respect. I did hear a few other strikes here and there.

This is one pretty lake, although it is very shallow and has a hard sand bottom.! The cypress trees are unbelievable. It was a little to late for some pictures of the trees but I did take one.









Larry S.

No comments:

Post a Comment