Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Fishing Report, Tomoka Basin, 5/10/11

.
May 10, 11 – Tomoka Basin, Ormond Beach, Fl.,

M.F.= 5:05 pm (major feed)
Temp.: 64-86 deg. (low 80's while fishing) fished 6:30pm to8:00pm
wind: ESE @ 12  to 15mph, gust to  - mph (it never let up)
pressure: 29.98
humidity: avg 65%    (43-94%)
rain: 0
(No clouds, quarter moon)


I decided to try the Basin (Tomoka) this after noon late, as it was the last day for the next little while that the tide would be close to what I wanted. I don't know if this is the best tide for this place but I usually like a high, just started out tide. I believe it got high around 8:30 to 9:00pm but the wind was blowing so hard I could not be sure if it had fulled or not. it was not exceptionally high but I know the tides have been running low.

With the wind I decided to paddle up Strickland creek but everywhere I went the wind was blowing right down the river and it made it difficult to hold the kayak position while retrieving.

It was pretty dead. I was fishing the last of the out going and it's possible the fish had already fed and were waiting for the tide to change. I never saw a strike, roll....nothing. There was a little bait activity and that was about it.

I did see a pile of fish on the fish finder but who knows what the were. I pulled a buck tail gig with a gulp sent pad through a bunch of the fish I saw on the finder but to takers.

I fished a 5m18 mirror lure mostly but it also drew no attention.

I have been seeing some interesting reports from here but I could not make anything happen. I called off the hunt after about a mile paddle and headed back.

I'll try a different tide next trip.

That's it! A water haul except for the nice sunset.


Good Luck,
Larry  

No comments:

Post a Comment