Thursday, June 21, 2012

Latest Florida Sportsman Article 7-12

Well, It's finally out on the shelf!

The highly anticipated July issue of the Florida Sportsman Magazine publication just arrived in my mail box today. The reason for all the excitement is, well, I'm in it!

"TARPON QUEST!" By Larry Stephens

I have been anxious to see what pictures they selected to include with the article. To tell you the truth, all the best pictures with a tarpon were of my fishing partner, Rick Edwards. Actually, I was a little worried that there might not even be a photo of me in the article. The very best picture was of Rick with a 144# tarpon that I had actually caught,. However, we did not end up with a decent picture of me with that monster.

By the way Ricky....I still haven't forgiven you for that!

The worst part and how all this started was I had posted that picture on a forum and the editor of another magazine discovered it and contacted me about possibly using it for the cover shot!  Wow, my first thought was...how can I photoshop my face on Rick's body!

That deal ended up falling through but I was able to work out a little assignment with the editor of Florida Sportsman for a short, kind of photo/essay article. 

This is in the July 2012 issue, page 32, 33 & 34. If you don't have already have a subscription to FS, pick up a copy for the whole story. In the mean time here's the photo pages:





I am not quite sure why that awesome picture of Rick with my tarpon drug up on the kayak wasn't used or even one of the other really good pic's of his own tarpon catch. I know they planned to use some of the photo's I submitted in a kayak fishing book that has just been published. I expect those pic's will show up there and I might get left out of the book, well see. I have it on order.

The book is "Sportsman's Best, Kayak Fishing" and comes with a dvd. It Should be available on Amazon shortly.


Thanks to Jeff Weakly, Editor of Florida Sportsman Mag. for working with me and including my photographs in both projects.




Tight lines,
Larry S.

No comments:

Post a Comment