Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Fishing Report - Sheepshead- Mangrove Snapper 8-21-12

.
Tide: Tail end of Out-going (almost low)
Time Fished: 8:30 am - 11:00m
M.F.-2:55 PM
Sunny
Wind: SW at 2-5 mph

Other Observations: The water still looks like tea from the tanic acid runoff from all the rain we have been having? tide was almost bottomed out when I started fishing and I had to fish through a slack tide so the timing was poor to say the least.

Catch:
-(4) Pinfish?
-(6) sheepshead, all just under legal size at 11".
-(4) small mangrove snapper, one just legal.



Again this morning I started off looking for pogy schools at the beach but came up empty so I headed to try some sheepshead.

The tide was real low so catching fiddler crabs was no problem.

However, it was right at the bottom of the tide and I had to fish through a slack tide hoping the bite would pick up after it changed. The fish never really fed very strong and I only ended up catching 6 sheepshead. that would have been great except they were all just a grunt under sized. They looked like they were all out of the same mold. Don't know where the big one were.

Also caught some small mangrove snappers but that was about it, nothing to get excited about.

It sure was a pretty morning on the water.....slick calm and no wind early. A fish striking some finger mullet along the rocks got me wishing I was plugging in the flats. It will be a few days before the tide is right for that.

Here's some pic.'s of the little scrappers!











Larry S.

No comments:

Post a Comment