Saturday, September 1, 2012

Fishing Report - Jack Crevalle, Trout & Ladyfish 8-31-12

.
Tide: fished incoming 
Time Fished: 6:45 am - 9:00am
M.F.11:20 AM
Mostly Sunny
Wind: Light N

Other Observations: Small finger mullet were everywhere and the Jacks and Lady fish were hammering them pretty good


Catch:
-(5) Jacks Crevalle
-(1) Trout (several Trout short strikes)
-(2) Ladyfish
I had a number of other hook-ups and strikes

I have just completed the design and fabrication of the new mount of my GoPro camera on my Kayak. I couldn't wait to get on the water with it to video a fishing adventure. Friday ended up being the day, though I could only fish until 9:00AM due to a scheduled meeting with a client.

The action was really good and I had a stretch where I was hooking up a fish on every cast! Though the fish were running a little small the action made up for it.

I did catch one of the biggest Ladyfish I can remember. I was fishing a 5M51 floating MirrOlure and this thing inhaled the whole bait and only had about 3/4"of the plug visible. Of course, being a ladyfish, she made some impressive leaps right at the boat. I also fished a 27MR MirrOdine which is a suspending twitch bait that is an outstanding lure.

The bulk of the action was small Jacks but even the little ones can pull pretty good.

I did a basic edit with Windows Live Movie Maker so I could post it for everybody. It is incredible how sharp the footage is from the tiny GoPro Camera when watched in HD.

I cut the action down to about 15 minutes to fit on Youtube so there is a lot missing but all the main action is there.


Hope you enjoy it! Larry S. If you want some more info on the incredible GoPro Video Camera or are interested in one to video you own adventures, Amazon has a great price on them, here is a link:

GoPro has recently released the Hero 3 and comes with some significant upgrades in an even smaller package if you can believe that. Here's a link to Amazon for more info:

No comments:

Post a Comment