Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Fishing Report 6/17/11 - Dummits Cove Indian River Lagoon


Dummits Cove
Moon - 2 days past full
M.F.=  1:10 pm
Temp.: Low 75,  89 h.
wind: E @ 5-8  mph early, laid flat at 9:00am
pressure: 30.02
humidity: 67% AVG. 55-89%  
rain: 0
Sunny 

I fished Dummits Cove this mourning looking for some big fish in preparation for the IFA tournament on Sunday.

There was a good bit of bait activity on the paddle out to the mouth of the cut. I fished a little on the way out but was really wanting to beat it to some large holes in the lagoon. As I paddled out into the lagoon I saw what I was looking for.....10-15 big reds in the 30-40" class! I eased their way and made a cast.....and another and another and another...... I couldn't beat a bite out of those fish. I hate it when they do that! They eventually split into two groups and eased off.

I paddled off to the west looking for more fish. I crossed up a pile of one's and two's but just could not get one to take a bait. I caught a few ladyfish here and there but that was about it. I really saw a lot of reds but they were just not cooperative.

I fished my way back and saw a number of reds in the grass along the cut  but they were not tailing or pushing or giving any tell tail sign they were there so I ended up jumping them. Had I had more time I would have spent a little more of it there blind casting and maybe soaking some baits gulp shrimp.

I did not find any trout action so it looks like I'll keep looking for a spot for tournament day.



Larry S.

No comments:

Post a Comment