Thursday, June 23, 2011

Fishing Report 6/18/11 - Mosquito Lagoon-Eddy's Creek


Mosquito Lagoon -Eddy's Creek
Sat.  June 18, 2011
Moon - 3 days past full
M.F.=  2:05 pm
Temp.: Low 75,  89 h.
wind: SSW@ <5  mph all morning
pressure: 30.07 (Steady)
humidity: 68% -45-88%   
rain: 0
Sunny


I decided to fish Eddy's Creek for my last ditch effort to get on some fish for the IFA tournament. I have never fished it before and it was quite a haul to get there.

I decided to try a new tactic today and took some binoculars with me to do some long range recon.
I paddled into the lagoon and started north looking for redfish and fishing any sand I could find. I picked up a few lady fish here and there but that was about it. I never saw any sign of a redfish....did not even jump one paddling! I could hardly believe it. I paddled almost out to the whales tail and glassed the flats boats to see what they were doing but most guys were just standing on the deck at the ready position, waiting. There were boats everywhere!

I headed up north and after a while decided to try paddle back to the launch and try to hit another spot before it got to late.


I decide to plug the sandy bottom of the basin near the launch with my 27mr18. It was not long before I had a fish on and put another ladyfish in the boat. Another couple casts and I hung a trout that pulled off. I hooked up with another few ladyfish and finally put a nice 17" trout in the boat.
I paddled back to the launch, loaded up and headed for Scottsmoor. I did talk to 3 other boats at the launch that had the same experience as me....no redfish.

When I got to Scottsmoor there was a boat that had just come in and I asked what they had done. He related they had caught some trout but had not seen a redfish! He said they are all over on the east side!

I put in and headed out to the deeper waster just outside the edge of the grass. I worked up and down the edge but was only able to boat on 17" and a few more ladyfish.

It was getting hot so I decided to call off the hunt and head home.







Larry

No comments:

Post a Comment