Friday, June 10, 2011

Fishing Report 6/8/11 - Lake Disston

.
Lake Disston Fishing Report
Wed.  June 8, 2011
Moon - 1 day before first quarter
M.F.=  4:40 pm
Temp.:  low 80's
Wind: E @ 5-10mph
pressure: steady (high)
Humidity:   
Rain: 0
Sunny

I decided to stop at lake Disston for an hour or so of last light.


I had rigged my fly rod with a little poppin' bug and I brought my micro spinner with a Rapala f-3 on it.


There was a little 5' gator waiting to greet me at the launch. I put in and paddled his way to see how close he would let me get. Here's a pic of him. I saw 2 more before dark and paddled up on a stump that looked like a huge gator's head! WOW! FULL REVERSE! It was just about dark and that had be a little shook! Once I gathered myself and started ahead I jumped a fish that splashed water in my little plastic boat and I just about abandoned ship!

Well. I did catch a hand full of fish but they were a little small. Probably  had (5 )bream and (2) bass.

Unfortunately, my first cast with the micro spinning rod drew a strike from a little bass and the line failed when I went to lift him in the boat. Turned out the cheap line that came on the thing was rotten.


I Think there's some fish to be caught here. I just need to fix the failings in my gear and put some more time into it.


Good luck,
Larry



No comments:

Post a Comment